Extreme Networks - EDN
||Extreme Introduction to Data Networking
||Call or Email for Details
Currently, there are no scheduled dates for this course.
This course is also available through Virtual Classroom Training
This instructor led course gives students a basic understanding of Data Networking in modern Ethernet networks and an overview of the most common protocols and techniques.
This course is intended for people that are new to Data Networking, or want to refresh their knowledge. This will also benefit students preparing for the ENA Certification.
As this is introduction training, no prerequisites are required.
Students Learn to:
- Understand how networks and techniques are evolved
- Understand the consequences of different network solutions.
- Understand the Ethernet protocol and its relation with other protocols.
- Understand 802.1D bridging.
- Understand 802.1Q VLANs.
- Understand the need and function of the Spanning Tree Protocol.
- Understand the basic theories of broadcast domains and IP forwarding and the differences between the OSI layer-2 and layer-3 in data forwarding.
- Discuss the benefits of dynamic routing.
- Discuss the features of distance-vector and link-state routing protocols.
- Understand what the LSDB Detail function shows you.
- History of Communications
- Digital Communications
- Characteristics of Networks
- Protocols and their relationships
- Ethernet Overview
- Building an Ethernet Network
- Routing between Networks
- Managing the Network