Monday, October 23, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - EXOC-200/5-VC
The ExtremeXOS: Operation and Configuration (EXOC) training course provides Extreme Networks customers with instructor-led lectures and extensive hands-on laboratory exercises. This course presents the concepts and skills required to deploy the Extreme Networks products as Layer 2 switches and as wire-speed Layer 3 routers in a variety of network situations. This course is based on ExtremeXOS 12.1.
The course focuses on device management, Layer 2 configuration, Layer 3 configuration for IP networks using static routes, RIP, OSPF, universal port, and basic network troubleshooting. The course also presents an overview of the ExtremeXOS software feature set.
Completing this course and passing the ENA Exam fulfills the requirement for the Extreme Networks Associate (ENA) certification. The ENA Exam is not included in this course.
This course is designed for individuals responsible for the configuration, management, maintenance, and support of the Extreme Networks family of LAN switches.
A student must have a working familiarity of LAN concepts, including Ethernet and TCP/IP networking. Experience configuring network devices is recommended.
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
· Describe Extreme Networks products
· Use the ExtremeXOS command line interface structure
· Configure the Extreme Networks switch for network management
· Configure Layer 1 and Layer 2 networking features
· Describe the process to setup and verify ExtremeXOS stacking operation
· Describe and configure different VLAN types
· Configure a network using the Spanning Tree Protocol
· Configure a network using Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS)
· Configure Layer 3 routing
· Configure and deploy a dynamically routed network using RIP and OSPF
· Configure Network Login to use MAC-based authentication
· Describe and configure Universal Port
· Configure policy-based Quality of Service (QoS)
· Perform diagnostics on the switch
· Perform basic troubleshooting steps
· Course Introduction
· Extreme Networks Product Overview
· Initial Switch Configuration
· Switch Management
· Layer 1 Configuration
· ExtremeXOS Stacking
· Layer 2 Forwarding
· VLAN Configuration
· Spanning Tree
· Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS)
· IP Routing
· Configuring RIP
· Configuring OSPF
· Network Login Operation
· Universal Port