Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - EIMR-300/2
The ExtremeXOS: Implementing Multicast Routing (EIMR) training course provides instructor-led lectures and hands-on laboratory exercises on the concepts and techniques used with IP multicasting in both a switched Ethernet and routed IP environment. This course includes the implementation and configuration of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP), IP Multicast Routing Principles, Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)-Sparse Mode, and a discussion of additional multicast related protocols.
This course is designed as an instructor-led lecture with extensive laboratory exercises.
This course is designed for individuals who require an in-depth understanding of multicast routing and how it is implemented on Extreme Networks products. This course provides the necessary skills and information required by those individuals responsible for the installation, configuration, management, maintenance and support of the Extreme Networks switches in a multicast routing environment.
This course is a prerequisite for ENS Level certification.
A student must have the following skills or knowledge prior to attending this course:
• Extreme Networks ENA Level certification or equivalent skills and experience.
• Knowledge of LAN and VLAN fundamentals
• Knowledge of IGMP processes
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, IP addressing, subnet masking, and static and dynamic routing
Attending the ExtremeXOS: Operation and Configuration is strongly recommended.
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
• Describe the use and basic functions of multicasting
• Describe the format of Ethernet and IP multicast addresses
• Describe and configure Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
• Configure Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse mode trees
• Identify and describe the protocols used to deploy multicasting over the Internet
• Describe the Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol
• Course Introduction
• Introduction to IP Multicasting
• Internet Group Management Protocol
• Multicast VLAN Registration
• IP Multicast Routing Principles
• Protocol Independent Multicast – Dense Mode
• Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
• Additional Multicasting Protocols