Saturday, April 29, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - EOS to XOS
High performance along with scalability, intelligence, simplicity, and security
The “Wired Tech CrossTraining Boot Camp - EOS to XOS” training course provides Extreme Networks partners with instructor-led lectures and extensive hands-on laboratory exercises. This course presents the concepts, skills and tools required to deploy Extreme Networks Layer 2 & 3 technology products .The course focuses on Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols, XOS scripting capabilities, and provides hand-on configuration using the Extreme Networks ExtremeXOS® CLI.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for partners who have experience with "legacy" Enterasys devices and are responsible for the configuration, management, maintenance, and support of the Extreme Networks family of LAN switches.
Students are required to possess the legacy Enterasys Expert in Networking (ECE-Networking) minimum or Enterasys Architect in Networking (ECA-Networking) certification prior to enrolling.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure Layer 2 & 3 protocols as well as use the scripting capabilities of their XOS environments.
• Overview and discussions regarding the Extreme Networks operating system (XOS) including Switch Management and Stacking capabilities.
• Technical discussions around port configurations, building VLANs, LAG, MLAG, and Spanning Tree (STP) including hands-on lab reinforcement.
• Introduction to Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) featuring building multi-ring solutions including hands-on labs.
• Configuration of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocols (VRRP) including hands-on labs.
• Overview and hands-on lab covering XOS scripting capabilities, Universal Port configuration, Access Control Lists (ACLs), Role Based ACLs (RBACL) and NETLOGIN (for supporting Policy and Network Access Control solutions).
• Overview of Clear Flow, Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS – G.8032), Multicast support and simple troubleshooting steps.
"Wired EOS to XOS Boot Camp" is targeted for those users who have a solid understanding and experience with the legacy Enterasys operating system (EOS) and now require a detailed level of knowledge of configuring and deploying the XOS family of products. Ideal candidates for the course are Network Administrators or Systems Integration Specialist who are tasked with the responsibility of supporting your network domain.