Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - XOS Fundamentals
Expand your knowledge of the Extreme Networks switch product portfolio and confirm your ability to administer Extreme Networks switches in Layer 2 and Layer 3 environments.
The ExtremeXOS Fundamentals training course provides Extreme Networks® customers and partners with instructor-led lectures and extensive hands-on laboratory exercises using the Extreme Networks operating system EXOS. This course presents the concepts, skills and tools required to deploy the Extreme Networks products in the most common situations for Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals getting started with their Extreme Networks ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing solution.
Student should possess a working familiarity with LAN concepts, including basic Ethernet and TCP/IP.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to complete the following actions: Access and use the ExtremeXOS CLI and legacy CLI, Install and configure Extreme Networks management tools, Configure Layer 1 and Layer 2 networking features, Understand and verify ExtremeXOS stacking, Configure a network using Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS), Configure Layer 3 routing and OSPF.
- Switch Management, using the ExtremeXOS CLI including, software and configuration management, configure switches for management and secure switch management; RADIUS, SSH2, HTTPS, SNMPv3.
- Discussions around Port & Link Configuration, including Link Aggregation, LACP, EDP, LLDP, Mirroring.
- Layer 2 Forwarding & VLANs, including: FDB, MAC security, VLANs (untagged, tagged, protocol).
- Discussions on Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS), including Single ring configuration.
- Configuring IP Routing and OSPF (single area configuration).
- ExtremeXOS Static Scripts, system scripts, control structures, variables, operators & functions.
- Universal Port & Dynamic Scripts, UP events, profiles, VOIP provisioning.
- Quality of Service discussion around 802.1p, DiffServ, CoS examination, marking and replacement.
- Switch diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Recommended Next Course(s):
"ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing"
ExtremeXOS Fundamentals is targeted for users that have an understanding of networking fundamentals and now require an introduction of operating (configuring, managing, and maintenance) their Extreme Networks family of LAN switches. Ideal candidates for the course are Network Administrators or Systems Integration Specialist who are tasked with the responsibility of supporting your Extreme Networks LAN domain.