Monday, July 24, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - Wireless
Building and managing wireless networks utilizing the Extreme Networks IdentiFi wireless controller, access points and management capabilities
Students will learn methods to properly configure and manage their Extreme Networks IdentiFi WLAN environments using network management software (NetSight Console, Inventory Manager, OneView and the Wireless Assistant) applications. This knowledge will be reinforced through actual hands-on experience with wireless equipment in a lab environment, where students will perform real world tasks configuring access points, security parameters, filtering and privacy settings, as well managing their wireless network.
Who Should Attend
System Integrators and Network Administrators
Students should possess an understanding of network fundamentals, traffic classifications, and general network management concepts, as well as network security concepts and technologies. In addition, Extreme Networks recommends the following course prior to enrolling in the Wireless course: Networking Fundamentals
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure and manage their Wireless implementation as well as take the Wireless Specialist certification exam.
• Overview and discussions regarding the Extreme Networks Wireless solution components and architecture.
• Configuration of the Wireless Controller, Access Points and Virtual Network Services.
• Configuration and implementation of security parameters including 802.1x, filtering (policies), captive portal and privacy settings.
• Introduction to WLAN management including configuration of quality of service (QoS) settings, class of service (CoS) and user management settings.
• Overview and discussions regarding high availability, wireless mobility domain (networking), as well as topics regarding troubleshooting tips and general maintenance of the wireless controller.
• Discussion regarding intrusion detection/prevention capabilities (Radar/Guardian) including threat and monitoring features, and spectrum analysis.
• Overview of client management capabilities using the NetSight OneView, Wireless Reports and Wireless Logs.
Recommended Next Course(s)
Routing (EXOS and EOS), Switching NMS, Policy, Network Access Control (NAC), NMS Wireless Advanced Services
Wireless is targeted for users that have an understanding of networking fundamentals and wireless technologies and now require a more detailed level of knowledge of operating (deploying, configuring and managing) their wireless LAN environment. Ideal candidates for the course are Network Administrators or Systems Integration Specialist who are tasked with the responsibility of supporting your Extreme Networks WLAN domain