Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Extreme Networks - Switching & Routing Boot Camp (EXOS & EOS)
Switching and Routing Boot Camp (EXOS and EOS)
Building and managing networks utilizing the Extreme Networks switching, routing and management capabilities
Students will learn methods to properly configure, deploy, manage and troubleshoot their Extreme Networks switching and routing environments using the Extreme Networks operating systems (XOS and EOS) CLI. This knowledge will be reinforced through actual hands-on experience with networking equipment in a lab environment, where students will perform real world tasks configuring layer 2 & 3 convergence protocols, as well as understand scripting capabilities.
Who Should Attend
Network Managers, Architects, and Systems Integrators
Due to the level of intensity of this accelerated course, Extreme Networks recommends that students should have previous hands-on experience with Extreme Networks switching and routing products prior to enrolling.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure and manage their network implementation as well as take the Switching & Routing Specialist certification exams.
• Discussions regarding the Extreme Networks operating systems (XOS & EOS) including Switch Management & Stacking capabilities.
• Technical discussions around port configurations, building VLANs, 802.3ad Link Aggregation Protocol (LAG), MLAG, and Spanning Tree (STP, Rapid STP & Multiple STP) including hands-on labs.
• Introduction to Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) featuring building multi-ring solutions including hands-on labs.
• Overview of Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS – G.8032), Multicast support and simple troubleshooting steps.
• Discussions on Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) including operation and configuration elements.
• Technology overview and hands-on configuration regarding the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol which includes topics on importing static routes, redistribution of routes, Stub Areas, authentication, and troubleshooting techniques.
•Discussions and hands-on lab reinforcement on Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Policy Based Routing (PBR).
• Technology overview, configuration and implementation of Protocol Independent Multicast – Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
• Discussions regarding redundancy utilizing Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), including configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
Recommended Next Course(s)
Wireless, Policy, NetSight Boot Camp, Advanced Routing
Switching and Routing Boot Camp (EXOS and EOS) is targeted for those users that have a strong background in networking as well as existing experience with Extreme Networks switching and routing products, and now require a more detailed level of knowledge of operation and management of their network environment.